From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:36:44 -0700
Hi Al,
I doubt there is a person on this list that hasn't spilled something in a
keyboard. I spilled some milk from my cereal long ago on my first machine. I
took it out, and rinsed it under the faucet and let it dry after much
blasting with a can of air. Worked just fine after that. I just read about
someone spilling soda on their laptop and it was emphisized that it should
be rinsed as the acids in soda have dire effects after time on circuits.
Granted a laptop is a bit different than a keyboard, but cleaning up after
an accident is what this is all about. I have read many things on putting
keyboards and various other parts in a dishwasher. The main thing here is to
rid it of residue of whatever went in. I didn't want spoiled milk wafting up
in my face, and I doubt if you want stale beer in yours ;-)
Brad Loomis
Morro Bay, CA

----- Original Message -----> What should I do now? Should I take it apart
and attempt a proper cleaning? If so, with what? Other
> suggestions? Thanks for helping someone who breaks his own rule about
liquids near the keyboard.