From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:51:13 -0600
I found some notes that I took.  They might help better
than my previous post.

(Anybody who plans on installing a PCI sound card or
modem in the near future should save this, as it may save
you some headaches.)

Go to  "Settings" then "Control Panel" then "System" then "Device
Manager".  (From the "Start" menu.)

You should see a yellow symbol under "Other Devices".

Click on it.

Go to the "Driver" tab.  Then "Update Driver".

Then "Display..."

Select the type.

Then  "Have Disk"

"Browse"

Find the driver on your disk and select it.

"Finish".

If you have not offended the computer gods, then
this should work.    I never had
any luck installing my modem and sound card
when windows auto-detected them on boot,
but the above process worked.

HTH

Dean Kukral    [log in to unmask]