From:
Mary Elise Zimlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 15:58:39 -0400
I'd like to thank everyone for their help. I was trying to put a cd drive
in a Compaq Prolinea 4/33S for a friend.
I did get the case open finally. Inside I found a 200 MB hard drive, floppy
drive, ethernet card, no sound card or on board sound. This was a business
computer someone sold to her for $75. I may have the RAM wrong - I thought
it was 36 MB, but it's 36,864 KB. I know the conversion should be easy, but
I'm confused about it. Inside the case I tried to hook another ide cable
with two connectors on to the motherboard. My cable resulted in a system
board failure. (The motherboard does not have but the two ide connectors
for HD and floppy drive). I put her cable back on, booted up to make sure
it was ok, and closed the case. I never could find out what processor is in
there
(and did not want to load any handy utilities on to that small hard drive
to check it out). This was a good lesson for me- some things are just too
proprietary to be worked on by a new hobbyist such as myself.

Mary

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org