From:
"Richard T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 00:56:49 -0400
Shalom, Max!
                      I've been refilling my Lexmark 7200 with
aftermarket inks for about 18 months with perfect results. The 7200 is
esentially the same as the 5700. The Black cartridge just gets a hole in
the top where you can just shoot the ink in, the color cartridge must
have the red top removed, which can be done easily with a little muscle
and a set of pliers. I guess you could also do it with an x-acto knife,
should you desire. once open, the proper fill holes are very obvious.
You get 4-5 refills out of a cartridge before the built in print head is
too worn to use. At that point, the cartridge is useless, you toss it
and open a new one.. The key is to get your ink from a reliable source.
I have a digital camera and print a lot of pictures, so the refilling is
a necessity for me. The prints from the refilled cartridge and the ones
from a factory filled cartridge are virtually identical. Good luck, my
friend.
Please feel free to e-mail me should you wish for more information on
this.
Richard Tabas
Phillykid

Max Timchenko wrote:

> Hello PCBuild,
>
>   The header says it all. Thanks for info.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html