From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 03:18:36 -0000
Hi
These seem to be some of the most common problems:
1. Check both computers have the same group name
2. Check that both computers have a unique name on the network.
3. Disable your firewalls and try the connection again. It might be that
your firewall (if you have one) is doing its job and stopping any remote
connections. If this is the case, you will have to configure your firewalls
for networking. (xp has a firewall built in which you can disable also if
it's causing problems)

Hope this helps
michele Sayer

I share a internet connection with my two computers, my vaio desktop has
windows xp, and my gateway laptop has windows ME.  I cannot figure out how
to make a filesharing network with these two computers; everytime i try to
set the file sharing network on my XP computer it runs through the wizard,
and then when it gets to the end where it actually trys to make the attempt
to network, it ends saying "cannot establish network connection."  Does
anyone have any insight on how i can get a filesharing network on my two
computers to work?

  -Joe Guenther

---