From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 23:39:19 +1000
Drew Dunn wrote:

> I would create a partition of
> either 64MB or twice the system memory (whichever is smaller) for the swap
> partition and the rest for the system.

Ok, I will do a 128Mb (RAMx2).

> 3. There is no particular problem, however you should install the OS's in a
> particular order: Windows 98, then Windows 2000, then Linux.  That way LILO
> (LInux LOader) will allow you to boot between Linux and Windows and Windows
> 2000 will allow you to select which version of Windows to run.

Thank you.

> 4. I'm not sure how you can do that.  If your client is going to install
> Windows NT or Windows 2000 after you've installed Linux and Windows 98, then
> he will have a problem booting to Linux.

this is a bit problem for me, I can't give out NT4/win2000 away, and he couldn't
give me NT now. Can you tell me how to work with LILO? I may need it later.

>  In the event of a problem, the system is much easier to troubleshoot
> if the system partition is formatted with FAT.  Remember, at this point only
> NT and 2000 can see NTFS.  A DOS boot disk cannot, so if your customer has
> important files on a damaged NTFS partition and cannot boot to NT, he will
> be in big trouble indeed!

I wish I could, but I "must" do it into FAT32, NTFS and Linux (otherwise my work
will not get paid).

Thanks again.

J Qian