From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:12:34 -0500
On Wednesday 20 November 2002 06:52 pm, markmara wrote:
> I want to install a Mandrake Linux Operating System on a separate HD. The
> HD now has Windows 3.1 OS on it. I want to format the HD to eliminate the
> 3.1. Can I install the Mandrake OS on a clean HD or do I have to add a
> Windows OS before  I can  install the  Mandrake OS? Thank you for any info.
> Jim Markellos

Jim:
Just go ahead and start the Mandrake install. Mandrake will complain that it
can't find any free space, and ask if it can overwrite the existing DOS
partition. Click OK, and Mandrake will create a new partition, and format it
with an appropriate Linux filesystem. Warning: If this is the second HD in
the system, and you have another version of Windows on the primary HD, be
very careful that you and Mandrake are talking about the same drive, or
you'll delete the wrong version.
Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: