Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:12:48 +1030
Hello,

I have recently struck problems running IE5 and Netscape 4.07. I can send and receive mail, but if I try to surf the internet, suddenly I get warning messages and the system bombs.

The most common messages are
 that netscape or IE have caused error in Progman.exe, (depends on which program I am using at the time),
 That there has been an illegal font on a website that has caused an error in true type fonts,
 and there has been a kernal 386 error, and then everything shuts down, and I have to restart the computer.

I have run a virus checker, reinstalled Windows, IE5, and Netscape 4.07, to no avail.

I have a Pentium100, running DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.11, with 32 meg RAM, recently upgraded from 16 meg (when the problems started).

Any suggestions? I am getting ready to format the lot and starting from scratch!

Thanks

Anne Smith

I have sent this to both PCSOFT and PCBUILD, because I am not sure which would be the best list.

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions