From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 15:21:51 -0500
There is another option here, which I most often use.  Find pinouts for
which leads on the motherboard get which wires (+5V, ground, etc.) and what
device each lead is for.  This is often in the motherboard manual, or at
least on a web site somewhere.  You can use a multimeter (when the device
wires you are testing is active) to figure out what wires carry what
voltage.  Then you match the wire's voltage to which lead it should get.
Pull or cut the wires out of the existing connector and rewire or connect
individual wires with epoxy resin (use a hard adhesive that sets brittle in
case you need to rework), etc.  If you get pinout for the connected device,
you don't need the multimeter (just wire per the pinout diagrams).  I
suggest you label each wire as you figure it out.
Martin Kurr
email [log in to unmask]
> > I am installing a Soyo slot 1 AT MotherBoard in my old Gateway tower.
> When
> > reattaching the front panel connectors the Keylock/Power led connector
> of
> > the Gateway has one of the pins in its 5-pin connector solid, and the
> > connector on the new board has pins for all, hence it won't fit.

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]