From:
Jeffrey Ottie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 05:09:03 -0400
Good Morning Tannis,

You are highly likely seeing 'Virtual Memory' warning messages because your virtual memory settings have somehow become misconfigured in the 'Advanced Performance Options' section of 'System Properties' in WinXP Pro. The good news is it should be an easy fix if I've understood the issue you've reported correctly.

Please get back to me though the list to confirm the amount of installed physical memory (you've reported 1 GB which equals 1024 MB) in your machine and post or send me a screenshot of the computer's 'Virtual Memory' page so I can see the current setup and I'll follow-up with instructions and values for you to properly configure your Virtual Memory settings.

Knowlegable PC computer people sometimes go round-and-round about what values to use when setting virtual memory, but in my experience I'd suggest a fixed pagefile size of 2048 MB. Alternately, you could also go with the Microsoft recommended 1536 MB min to 3072 MB max variable pagefile .. but I don't believe that's necessary or advisable given the manner you report to use your machine. A fixed pagefile isn't subject to fragmentation whch is an added bonus.

HTH.

Kind Regards,
Jeffrey Ottie

eom