From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:20:16 -0800
Veronica wrote;
> I have an Epson Stylus printer that has stop printing.
> It won't print any thing on the paper.
> What am I doing wrong?  Or is my printer shot?

You may not be doing anything wrong. First, what model is the printer? How
long has it been setting without printing anything?

Due to the fact the "Epson" printers have nozzles to dispatch the ink to the
page they may be clogged and in need of cleaning. Depending upon the model
you have, there is a printer maintenance utility included with the Epson
printer software that can be used to check and clean the head and nozzles.
You can find this depending upon your printer in the "Printer and Faxes"
folder located in the Control Panel. Open this program and click on printing
preferences if you have the necessary software installed. Clean and check
the nozzles and head under the maintenance section. If doing this several
times doesn't begin printing something then it probably means the capillary
tubes are clogged with dry ink and will have to be cleaned.

At this point depending upon you expertise, you may want to purchase a
cleaning solution and do it yourself. Taking the printer to your local
computer repair shop may cost you more than the printer is worth.

With Epson computers it is advisable to print something every now and then
to keep the ink live in the head and also to turn the printer off after
every use. Leaving it on doesn't allow the heads to rest in the tray which
allows ink to dry out. Similar to leaving the cap off of a ink pen. It dries
out. Another word of caution is to never turn the printer off using a power
strip. This doesn't allow the printer to properly shut down and again the
possibility of drying out the ink.

There are several recourses that may be of interest to you in cleaning the
head and nozzles.

Please start here by choosing your printer and reading about poor or no
printing. http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epson.html

You may also use the trouble shooting feature for your computer at Epson. It
will walk you through the process and also give you information on how to
clean the heads and Nozzles. http://tinyurl.com/2shpm

Short of this I hope you will be able to get your printer back on line
again.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0612-4, 03/25/2006
Tested on: 3/27/2006 14:20:19

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml