From:
Jan Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:23:26 -0700
In <[log in to unmask]>, on 07/06/99
   at 02:32 PM, "Changhsu P. Liu" <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Here is a strange problem I'd like to get rid of. I recently
>bought a microphone for my computer at home. Now, everytime I
>turn on the microphone (it has a on-off button), my computer
>would pick up a radio channel and it broadcasts thru my speaker.
>If I turn the microphone off, then it's OK. I cannot really use
>it for recording, since it picks up radio. This same thing
>happens to my phone. If I push the hangup button half way, I
>would hear the same radio channel. If I release the button, I
>don't hear anything. Any suggestions?

>Thanks for the help,

>Changhsu Liu

You are probably living very close to a radio transmitter. You
might be able to use a low impedance mike if you can find one.
Some (high quality, $$) have better cabling.

If the station you are picking up is commercial, you are pretty
much out of luck, but if it's your neighbor's ham or CB rig, go
have a chat with her/him. It might be possible for them to
reorient the antenna, cut power,  etc.

jan lambert