Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 20:33:09 +1100
if you don't do anything, and just leave the computer untouched, does it
slow down after a while?

If so, it looks like overheat problem, either CPU or video card or even hard
drive overheat. I've read a lot of messages from many hardware places, there
are a lot of heat problems, especially people don't usually pay attation to
video card overheat, the worst is hard driver overheat, it could result of
data lost or damage of the drive, and seems like nobody ever think hard
drive could be overheated too.

Jun Qian