From:
"Frank Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 16:12:27 -0500
This is...curious.  I don't know what the problem is with
the floppy, but I use a 486-33 and I have had problems with
my CD-ROM under DOS 6.22.  I attached everything the way the
manual said to, but the driver for the CD-ROM wouldn't
recognize it on a cold boot.  I had to reboot using
Ctrl-Alt-Del for it to work.  After upgrading to Win95,
which your computer can handle, the CD-ROM works perfectly.
It seems that the manufacturers are making cheap DOS drivers
just so they can sell the product to work under "All OS's".
In today's market, you're better off upgrading whenever
possible because support quickly disappears for the old
equipment.

--

Frank Shelleby
email me at: