From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 07:58:34 -0700
Chris Ryan wrote:
> I'm hoping the problem I'm having is a software issue, rather than a
  hardware one.

>I suspect that the HDD is on the way out, and when in DOS, Scan Disc
indicated there was a bad sector at the end of the drive.

The hard drive may not be on the way out but you did indicate Scan Disk
located some bad sectors. In this case, I would use the "Rescue Disks" that
you made for 2003 and run the Norton Utility from the DOS prompt to see how
many bad sectors you have. Running the utility in the DOS mode will take
longer but should give you a clearer picture of disk condition. A client of
mine had over a hundred bad sectors. The disk was useless.

As for the shortcut not working, you might consider using the one button
checkup, which may help or, re-associate the shortcut or reinstall the
software.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers