From:
Paul Traynor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:08:30 -0000
Hi All,

Have an Acer laptop with win98 second edition. Recently its internal
modem stopped working and I have been trying to determine if the modem
is burned out or something. Just prior to it going down there was a
lightening storm in the area but can't be sure if this caused the modem
to  stop working. I uninstalled it and  upon reboot windows quite
happily and when I perform the diagnostic test on it in the modems
section of control panel it seems to accept its there and working but
when I try and use it to go onto the internet it just lets a slight
click like its trying to connect but nothing happens and it  gives me
the error message that there is no dial tone. I have tried it on a
couple of different connections including taking it to a different house
ina different area and still no difference.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Paul.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com