From:
Clay Shipley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:16:41 -0600
turns out, due to it being my first build it was an overheating probelm b/c
of an improperly installed heatsink.  here's how i resolved it... on the top
there are the two levers that lock it down in to place after you snap it
down onto the brackets on the motherboard.  The I locked the top lever down
rather easily, but when I went to lock down the bottom lever I couldn't get
it locked down unless I would have forced it really hard.  After most people
mentioned that they thought it was a overheating problem, I entered the BIOS
and checked the CPU temperature and it was at 70 at idle.  I then pushed
down the mounting bracket attached to the heatsink and then tried the lever
and was then able to lock it down.  Hope that all made sense.
Thanks for your advice!
clay

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com