From:
barry clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:55:03 -0000
I think you have a corrupted registry. Try this:
1.Using a Win98 boot disk that has the following file on it:Scanreg.exe
boot into the command prompt. (A:\)
2. Type Scanreg /restore
Hopefully you will be able to fix the corrupted registry entries.Make sure
to have your CDROM accessible in Dos mode and have the WIN98 installation
already loaded and ready to go. Scan reg will do the rest.

If scanreg finds nothing wrong then run SFC.exe and hope that this util
can find any altered or corrupt Windows system files. (Make sure you have
this on the startup disk as well)
Good Luck

Barry Clark
MCSE