From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:52:31 -0500
Hi Diane,

Looking at what you showed us in your letter, it appears your hard
drive is not being recognized at all. You might want to checj the
cables from motherboard to HDD and make sure they're in nice and
tight. If all is okay, then try swapping the cable with the one
attached to your CD-ROM to test if the cable itself is bad. If it is, all
you have to do is replace the IDE cable, very simple to do.
I don't know if it makes any difference, but I prefer to have the HDD
on the primary IDE controller, not the secondary.
One other thought, you haven't removed any small pieces off the
back of the HDD, perhaps by accident? Or have it fallen off while
you were in the case? Most HDDs have a jumper to control whether
it's recognized as a slave or master, and if it requires the "cover"
which may have come off, then your BIOS is seeing it as a "slave"
with no operating system.
By the way, anyone know what you call that little cover fir the
juMpers? It's hard to sound professional when you're calling pieces
"that little thingy." (*G*)

Sue Clark

On 29 Feb 2004 at 0:04, Diane wrote:

> {arrow>}Floppy Options
> Hard Disk Pre-Delay: [3 Seconds]
> {arrow>}Primary IDE Master  [CD-ROM CDU701]
> {arrow>}Primary IDE Slave    [None]
> {arrow>}Secondary IDE Master  [None]
> {arrow>}Secondary IDE Slave    [None]

                     visit our download web page at: