From:
Michael Thake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 23:08:53 -0500
I have an IBM Thinkpad which had a virus.  I have Windows 2000 NT installed.  I formatted the hard drive, then partitioned it and then reformatted it again, but I still get a Windows 2000 NT startup screen and blue screen crash which says I have a Kernel Exception?!?!?

I want to install a clean version of Windows XP, but the system will not let me get past the startup, even going through Safemode or any other startup mode, including starting up with the Windows XP Disk in the CD Rom drive...still starts up in Windows2000...any ideas on how to correct this and start with a FRESH version of Windows on this hard drive??

Mike

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com