From:
Gary Stratton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:06:16 -0500
I'm a few days behind on this but it happens that I just finished
doing exactly this. I strongly recommend you get DriveCopy by
Powerquest($19.95 at Compusa).

The CD creates a boot up floppy from your old drive, then you
reboot with the floppy to the Drivecopy wizards interface.
A couple of mouse clicks and the program automatically creates
partitions, formats the new drive and copies your entire HD onto the
new drive. So easy I couldn't believe it. Took about 15 minutes.

Gary Stratton

>Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 07:09:10 -0600
>From: Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Copy a HDD again
>Hello to all
>I know this has been answered before, but I can not locate the answer in my
>notes.
>I am adding a second larger drive to a machine. I wish to make this drive
>the primary drive. I know the hardware changes which must be made, but I
>cannot remember how to transfer the data [including the operating system]
>from one drive to the other. I know that the xcopy command is the way to
>go, but I don't remember the switches.
>Could someone please lend me a hand.
>TIA
>Mike Buraczewski