From:
Bob Chapel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 00:24:24 -0400
Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  Thanks to this group I was careful to order the model
that WAS NOT the winmodem...though that does not mean that they didn't make
an error and send me the wrong model....I'll have to pull it and double
check....actually,come to think of it,the jumper locations on the board were
different than found in the manual so I will have to look at the other model
and check if they are correct for the winmodem model....if so...problem may
be solved..

Do you think there would be a speed hit though with a winmodem over on board
processing with my setup (166mhz Intel(MMX) with 64MB RAM??

I'll check....

BTW...Have been to the web page and looked at the tech stuff....need to
check on the board obviously.

Best,
Bob

http://www.amquestmodem.com/Products_40.html

Note that there are TWO models depicted, and the lower one is a
"WinModem" which uses your CPU (running the modem's drivers) in
place of controller hardware.  If that's the model you've got,
a slow (old or inexpensive) CPU may be slowing you down.

David G

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**