Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:40:39 +1000
Hi everyone,

I have a question for win2k users out there. A customer who was running win2k perfectly (I did the installation and configuration myself), after he installed win2k SP1, the machine compeleted crashed, no way to boot into win2k any more (tried all recovery except EMR disk, because he doesn't have one), I have to reload (lost all setting.. etc) win2k to solve it. I know SP1 works on other machines, but those working machines are all based on Intel chipset. The problem machine is based on ASUS Apolo Pro 133 mobo (loaded with VIA 4in1 drivers, all drivers were up-to-date). Is there compatibility issues between VIA chip and win2k SP1?

Jun Qian

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html