From:
Mike Ewing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 06:56:29 -0600
Dear People,

I am having a problem with a lot of my win95 and win98 computers.
Occasionally upon boot up a memory low or protection error appears.
When I start up in safe mode and look at devices in system settings
in the control panel I find that there are quite a few duplicates
(ex. 4 floppy controllers, 5 cdrom drives, 2 keyboards, etc.)

To fix the problem, I delete all instances of each device that is
duplicated (in safe mode) and reboot.  After the computers finds
reinstall these devices everything is ok, but maybe in a few days the
same thing happens again.  I have ask the users to make sure that
they shut down properly and they say that they have been.

Any suggestions as to what is going on and how to fix this problem
will be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Mike Ewing
Director of Technology