From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:32:59 -0700
I believe the original poster is thinking of a method that used to be
referred to as "Shotgunning" AKA Multilinking.  It requires two modems, two
phone lines and two accounts at the ISP (yes, the ISP must support it
also.)  Basically, the two modems work together as "one" to increase the
bandwidth of your connection.
I don't think this is used much, if at all now-a-days.  Try a google search
for Shotgunning or Multilinking

Tony Mayer