From:
David G Nasser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 15:02:54 -0500
Re: HP LJ III Paper jam problem

I run an old HP Laserjet III on my desktop system at
home.

Just recently I get "13 Paper Jam" error when attempting
to print.

The problem appears to involve the Pick Up Roller. I
have cleaned it with alcohol, ruffed it up with first
400 then 80 grit sandpaper.

It'll still print a little if I manually feed a sheet
or elevate the paper tray a little with a wedge.

Is anyone out there intimate with the care and feeding of
such ancient, ancient beasties? Does it seem likely that I
just need to replace the Pick Up Roller or is the plot
likely to thicken? If the former, how do I get the thing
apart (I have no manual) to replace the roller?

Mark Bennett (a good, good fella), are you still out there? :-)

Any/all help much appreciated.

  Cheers,
  David