From:
M Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 23:25:45 -0400
PCBuilders

I have 2 problems, the first one I believe was addressed just recently but I
didn't read the responses.  The problem is with my SB 32 AWE.  When trying
to record I get hissing, static, and unrecognizable noise on the playback.
The programs that I am trying to record are Dragon Naturally speaking and
Rapid Comm Voice (included w/ USR purchases).  With Dragon I am using a
Labtec headset that sits on your head.  I believe the headset to be of
decent quality.  I have tried different positions for the microphone and no
luck.  The headset is plugged directly into the SB32.

When using Rapid Comm Voice, and a person calls, the modem picks up plays
and message and the person leaves a message.  But when I go to play back the
message I get static and hissing.  I believe all my settings are correct for
both programs.  Strange thing is that when I use Microsoft Recorder, the
playback is crystal clear.  Any ideas?

Other problem is with a HP 560C, and the error message:  Out of Paper.  Of
course I am not out of paper.  I also tried hooking up a Epson Stylus 740
and got the same error message from windows.  Tried different cables, tried
SPP and EPP in the BIOS.  Any thoughts on this one?

BTW using 95B, on a P166, 64 mb

Thanks
Marshall Anderson

                                  -----