From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:13:51 -0800
You can't create multiple VM XP Pro machines because XP mode is not
licensed to do that. However, there is nothing stopping you from
creating different users within XP Pro, and using quick log on with
different user/setups.

You can easily back up, and restore the windows XP mode folder by
zipping it up. When you want to restore just delete the XP mode
folder, and restore the zip file... and you are back where you started.

I suppose you could create a version of XP mode you like, zip it up,
and then restore when needed. You would use zip files of the same XP
PRO mode, instead of folders to get different setups, but I don't see
why you can't do what you want with a single VM and different user
log ins... each user with a different desktop, and user. If something
goes south just restore your zip file.

I would also keep your past zip files so if something nasty does pop
up you can go back to when you had a clean XP mode.

Mark Rode

At 10:39 AM 2/7/2012, you wrote:
>  What I'd like to do is create multiple XP virtual machines, with
> different names and settings, separate copies of critical system
> files, different applications installed. If one gets infected by a
> virus, I'd like to be able to discard it and clone a replacement
> from a saved basic template.... In the "Virtual Machines" folder.
> David Gillett

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>