From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:38:58 -0700
On 22 Apr 99, at 13:10, Bob Markell wrote:

> Just installed a Maxtor 8.3gb drive as a slave on a NEC Ready 9700
> system.  When power is put on and Win 95 Explorer is opened, no D: is
> listed (that's the new one).  Now using Shutdown-Restart option when the
> system comes back up and Win 95 Explorer is opened, there it is.

  Drive is seen after warm boot, but not after cold boot.  This usually means
that there isn't quite enough power to start up all the drives at once.  You
may be able to swap around power leads so the hard drives are on separate
sets of wires (that has worked for me); if not, your option may be to replace
the power supply.
  [Not necessarily with a larger one; it may be that what you have is getting
old and no longer delivering its rated power.]

David G

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html