From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:40:10 -0500
Bob,

I heartily agree with Dennis.  I have seen acceptable performance with
non-MMX 166 CPUs, so your PPro200 should have no problems.

As I have said in the past, you (anyone) can prove to yourself the "fact"
or fable behind the infamous "CPU hit" problem of winmodems......

Install the modem, connect to the net, then load the SYSTEM MONITOR (in
your accessories/system tools folder) and look at the CPU usage chart.
As a comparison, check the CPU usage with your current modem first.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====