From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:46:19 -0700
David,

I have the exact same setup (right down to the overclocking).  The first
thing you need to find out is the maximum clock speed your BH6 will support.
If the revision on your board is v1.1 or above, it will support up to a PIII
800Mhz with a BIOS flash.  If the revision is 1.09 or lower the fastest PIII
you can run is 600Mhz, and the fastest Celeron is 700Mhz (again with the
flash).  You can find the revision by looking on the side of the last ISA
slot.  It should say something like "BH6 OK V1.XX".

As far as the "slocket" is concerned, I have heard that Abit makes one
especially for this board.  I would have a tendency to go with OEM on this
sort of item if possible.

On the RAM issue, if you are going to put a second 64MB DIMM in, you want it
to match the first one as closely as possible.  Windows 98SE won't appear to
have as much trouble with mismatched RAM as Win2k, but this is so
unpredictable that I wouldn't take any chances.  The best thing to do would
be to take advantage of the low memory prices now and buy a 128MB stick.
IMHO.

Hope this helps.

Kyle Elmblade