From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:18:44 -0800
Jagpal S Tiwana wrote:
>If I switch off the monitor when I m not using my computer, does it help in
> keeping computer healthy and enhances its life ?

No. The only thing you accomplish by turning off the monitor is saving the
monitor. If you leave your system (Computer) on all the time it will shorten
the live of the system. This will be caused by dust that is introduced by
the fans. If you don't open the case on a regular basis and blow out this
dust, it will cause the system to stop functioning. The reason for this is
the build up of dust impedes air flow.

My recommendation would be to turn off the system every day when you are not
using it.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers