From:
Lionel Daddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:56:26 +0000
I just bought a new motherboard/CPU chip set and case for my son for his
birthday to teach him how to build a computer.  We bought a PCCHIPS M825G;
Socket 462 uATX with VIA KM 266 PRO/8235 CPU CHIP to upgrade from a 4-yr old
Compaq Presario 5BW120 Intel Celeron 600 Mhz System.  We kept the Yamaha
CD-RW and the original 15 GB IDE HD Quantum Fireball Lct 15  loaded with
Ugraded Win XP OS.  When we assembled the new system together, we experience
a bad power switch off the case and we replaced that.  Now that we have
power, I configured the BIOS to auto detect the drives successfully, but no
matter what the old drive would not boot, I just get a " - " waiting  on the
screen after the boot up process finishes.  I have removed all other dirves
and just tried to boot the drive itself as well as disbled the Flopply
controller because I don't want to install a floppy.  I have also switched
the old drive back to the old system to see if it is the HD, but it is not,
it still worked fine.  Is there a possible problem with this old HD working
on this new motherboard or could we have a bad mother board?  Please help me
as soon as you can!  My problem now is I am active military remotely station
in Turkey and I leave in 24 hours.  My family is here in Alaska while I am
deployed overseas.  My goal is to fixed this before I leave so my son can
have a working PC.  Thanks for any help you can provide and God Bless you
all..

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com