From:
Robin Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:38:59 EST
My System  details are :Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG with Award Bios  Extention
V1.0A.
Intel Pentium II MMX. With Windows XP PRO Service Pack 2
After adjusting the Bios and CPU softmenu settings (dont ask me why-silly
me) my computer seems to be diplaying the wrong CPU name in CPU softmenu and is
runnning a lot slower.
In the CPU SOFTMENU the CPU NAME used to Say "Intel Pentium II MMX" but now
it says "Intel Celeron MMX"? and when the PC boots up and i use "control
Panel..System...general Tab....the Computer name is saying " Intel Celeron
processor -256 mhz" it USED to say something like "Genuine Pentium II  family
stepping....etc"
I have bought a Bios upgrade which i "FLASHED" onto the system hopeing it
would fix the problem but when the PC boots up i get the CPU is unworkable or
has changed message..i then go into CPU SOFTMENU and press F5 to restore
previous settings and the PC Name returns to "INTEL PENTIUM II MMX" but no  matter
what i try the system wil not boot up under this name (it used to!!). I  have
to return the PC name to "Celeron 266" for it to sucessfully load up and  then
the PC seems to run slower.

Please help if you can..although my PC is up and running im sure im not
getting the best out of it anymore. Been bugging me for weeks!!
Regards Robin Osborne
Any other info you require can be sent.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>