From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:17:31 -0400
Hi,
    First off, NEVER RUN BIOS HARD DRIVE UTILITIES ON AN IDE
DRIVE!!!!!  Sorry for yelling, especially since you didn't
specify if this was an IDE drive, but this is that important.
Using those utilities will trash an IDE drive with no hope of
recovery.  They were designed to work with the old MFM and RLL
hard drives.  Now as to how to fix your problem.  I would try
looking on the web page of the manufacturer.  Many of them have
a psuedo-low level format that has fixed problems similiar to
this for me in the past.

HTH,

Donald Gaither

>When I went to install Win95 ver. 2.5 scandisk through an error
saying the
>fat32 table had an error and it could not complete or repair
the scandisk
>operation.  I went back did the fdisk and format thing again
with the same
>results.  The error message also contains a statement about a
possible bad
>sector.

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**