From:
Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 22:25:43 -0600
>Will NT let me swap out these parts ... ? I've done this before with 95.
>On boot up 95 finds new hard ware and mother board resources and all is fine.
>I just started using NT a few months ago. I've been doing some FAQ reading
>and can't seem to find this answer.
>Any experience?

Bob,

It's been my experience with NT that you can use almost any standard "part"
provided that the device has NT drivers and not have much trouble.  Key
word here is "much".

NT isn't PnP although there is a pnp driver/service that you can load.  If
you do decide to load the pnp service, make sure that  you set your bios to
PnP OS.

Good Luck,
Randy Ryan

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, when you do criticize him,
you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.