From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:08:20 -0500
At 07:45 PM 2/16/1999 Susan Hays wrote:

> I decided I would post this again, since I have not gotten
> any responses.  Can you hook up an Office Jet 520 (scanner,
> printer, fax) as a "fax-only" machine?

Susan:

I am not familiar with that make and model (neither, I
suppose, are most readers and that's probably why no
one responded to your inquiry). I suggest you review the
manual.

But, if you don't have the manual. . . .

1. Does the telephone line plug into the Office Jet 520?
   If it relies on your PC's modem, it won't work by itself.

2. What are the menu choices on the LED display on the
   Office Jet 520? Is there a setup menu that allows you
   to select stand alone use?

3. Are there any external controls on the Office Jet 520
   which allow you to manually switch to FAX use?

4. Have you tried using the Office Jet 520 as a FAX machine
   with the computer off. If so, and it didn't work, what
   where the error messages?

HTH.

Next time you ask for help, please provide more
information than just a model number. Countless people
here can help you if they could actually handle the
machine, so provide as much material as possible to
allow a virtual inspection.

Otherwise, only HP techs and owners of Office Jet 520s
will be the subset of readers who could possibly help,
and they would probably have to look it up in the manual
themselves, given only a model number.

Always address the greatest number of readers when you
post a question. You'll get more responses.

Regards,

John Chin

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html