From:
"Mark C. Barron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:58:18 -0800
This goes back a long time, but we had a situation where we were unable to get
the hard drive to fit in the case right side up.  It would, however, fit
upside down.
So, we contacted the manufacturer (Priam) and they said that there was no
problem
installing the drive in any orientation so long as all levels of the
formatting are some in
the same orientation that the drive will be used in.

I have run many drives on their side since then with no problems.

Mark

At 22:21 1/20/02 +0200, you wrote:
>In one of my techie books, I think Jean Andrews' Exam Prep for the
>A+, it says that running the hard disk on its side will damage it.
>Some problem with balance.  I can try to hunt up the reference if
>it's important.
>
>Good luck.
>David Jonathan Justman
>
>On 20 Jan 2002, at 10:08, andre chiasson wrote:
>
> > Can a Hard disk be installed on the side or upsidedown and perform
> properly?
> >   Furthermore, if a disk is installed on it's side or upsidedown, what
> would
> > be the inconvenient during transportation?
> > This question was asked to me by a traveling musician.
>
>         The NOSPIN Group provides a monthly newsletter with great
>        tips, information and ideas: NOSPIN-L, The NOSPIN Magazine
>            Visit our web site to signup: http://freepctech.com

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml