From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 10:22:08 -0700
>how do i fix corepted bioses.

Are you sure your problem is a corrupted BIOS....this is very unusual.
If you are sure you can try one of these approaches....

First go into BIOS and try LOAD Defaults...then save and exit. .check and
see if your problem is solved before changing the default settings....this
is the safest approach.

Second.....if that doesn't work check you manual and see if there is a
jumper that will reset the BIOS....usually the Password clear jumper....put
it on for 10 seconds......take if off...turn on the computer ....enter the
BIOS ...load and Save Defaults....reboot and test.

Third....try this ONLY if nothing else works........if you have a Lithium
cylinder battery you can take it out ant touch the spring part of the
battery to the bottom of the holder for 10 to 30 seconds.....this .will
short it and cause it to clear and reset.

If none of these work you will need to replace the BIOS chip or take yours
out and take it somewhere where a new  BIOS FLASH that you provide can be
burned into it.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html