From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:35:12 -0700
Ron;
I had a HP printer with this problem. It was caused by wear on the cartridge
holder.
Over time the "guide" that holds the cart. holder the proper distance from
the paper wore down.
If I remember correctly, the carts. were riding too close to the paper and
smearing the ink slightly.
There may be a way to adjust the whole shiny bar that the carts slide on
from the ends.
I don't remember for sure on this model. But you have nothing to lose if you
try.

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho