From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:20:18 -0500
This sounds like the problem that can come up when certain CD/DVD burning
software is installed and uninstalled, and the registry hack that Hugh
mentions sounds like the solution for it, as I recall.

The error message that you are getting is different, but I wonder if the
problem is similar enough that this solution might work in your case, too.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q270/0/08.ASP&NoWebContent=1

And, since the above url is kind of long, here's the tinyurl version:
http://tinyurl.com/eueg

John Sproule