From:
Minson Ngo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:16:00 +0000
Have you tried replacing the memory modules to see if the problem goes away?
Also be sure to check the temperature of the processor. Just because all of
the fans are spinning does not mean that your computer is adequately cooled.
You can usually check the temperatures in the CMOS setup. Otherwise download
a free program called AIDA32 which should tell you the temperatures of the
processor and other useful information about your computer. The problem
could also be caused my a buggy program that the user installed. You already
confirmed that the power supply is not the cause of your problem so we can
rule that out. You also ruled out a virus as the cause of the problem so if
worse comes to worse, you may just have to repartition, reformat, and then
reinstall the operating system. Good luck and happy troubleshooting.