From:
Beth Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 12:13:28 +0200
I was recommended 4 suggestions:
1. try the Deskjet Plus driver - didn't work, nor does any other driver
from HP or a random selection of other drivers (ex: Generic)
2. use a IEEE parallel cable - how do I know what I have? Does it help
you to know that when I print from DOS, it does work? Would that rule
out a cable problem?
3. change the settings for the parallel port in the BIOS - I've tried
changing the LPT port from Standard (what HP recommends, but doesn't
work for me) to ECP and Bi-Dir, neither of which have worked either.
BTW, this is what the Acer (TI laptops/windows) tech support guy told me
to try, and when that didn't work, he gave up on me.
4. Try to go back into the previous computer and find print.exe
(printer.exe?) - I'll only be able to do this in November when I'm at my
mom's house. Do I just need print.exe or are there other supplementary
files?

Thank you for all your comments.

BETH

> I have a TI Extensa laptop from which I want to print to a HPDeskjet 500 printer.
<snip>
> When I print the printer's internal test, it works.
> When I print from DOS to the printer, it works.
> When I try to do "Print Test Page" from the printer properties screen in
> windows, I get an error that it can't find the printer.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html