From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:29:07 -0800
On 26 Oct 98 at 13:43, Carlos Arroyo Junior wrote:

> I've changed the date and time in BIOS setup program but when I
> turn the computer off and turn the computer on again, the date and
> time are not what should be
>
> (it's not updated, it seems the system clock works only when the
> system is on).

  This is the classic first symptom that the battery which runs the
clock and preserves the CMOS settings is beginning to run out.  First
step -- save your CMOS settings so you can restore them later.
Second step -- replace the battery, or if you have one of the
integrated units (often labelled "Dallas") the whole
battery/clock/cmos module.  Step three -- re-enter the settings you
saved in step 1....

David G

                                  -----