From:
Oliver Dammann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:56:01 +0200
Hi all!
I'm sorry, I was a little bit off topic. Just thought, it could have
anything to do with the 100 MHz FSB and because I just assembled a PC with a
Gigabyte BX board and a 333 MHz PII I was concerned about the 100 MHz FSB
and curious, if I could manage to run the board with 100 MHz. Following the
insturctions on Toms Harwarepage I'm running the system now on 100 MHz and
the CPU on 400 MHz.
But back to the topic. When building computers I always use the Gigabyte
GA-686 BX board and had never any problems with it. Independent of the
harddrive (Fujitsu, WD, Quantum, IBM) i just install Win95 without changing
any IDE drivers. All works fine. I usually then install the Gigabyte Win95
Patch supplied on the MOBO CD and still everything works fine.
Have you checked, if the jumper settings on the board are the right one,
supplying your CPU with the right Voltage and thus determining the right
MHz?
Did you run any benchmarks under Windows and under DOS and compared them?

Hope this can eventually help.

Oliver

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**