From:
Pinelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:30:58 +0200
Hi

The difference between these two processors is firstly that neither is a
processor in the first place. The first one u mention 3D is merely a way of
percieving images on a screen or the number od sides of an object that we see
with our eye's. When u look at a chair the most sides you can see is 3 and the
least is 2 giving us 2Dimensional and 3Dimensional objects (try and see more
than 3 sides a a cube at the same time)
The second thing you mention is a Company who created and makes the Voodoo
chipset for 3D Graphics cards.
The chipset made by 3DFX is probably the most popular and most supported by game
developers. Another popular choice is the NVidia Riva TNT both are excellent
choices.
3DFX has however just launched the Voodoo 3 which is faster than all the other
processors available...its even faster than 2 Voodoo 2 cards running parallel to
each other.
For the most performance get a good 2D Graphics card and a good 3D graphics card
that is based on the voodoo 3 chipset.

cheers
Kevin Hains
Cape Town