From:
James Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 22:28:42 -0500
The suggestion to test this monitor on a know good PC is definitely the
first step in diagnosing this problem. I hope this works. Having built
several machines, I have never experienced this problem ( Good at first, bad
on reboot) due to drivers. I'm not saying it can't happen, but if the
monitor works okay on a good PC, I'd be inclined to replace the video board.
I experienced a similar but not identical problem with an ATI Rage board
this would totally lose video on reboot and not come back up until sitting
of for periods of half an hour. Good luck.

James A. Taylor