From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 13:11:49 -0700
Mike,

F10 on bootup.  I would suggest checking Compaq's site for a ROM upgrade.
If you are installing a new hard drive, I have to assume it is probably a
2+GB drive, and you might run into trouble if you don't want to partition it
out into several 2GB partitions.  A lot of our old machines are 575's, and
if you can't find the Rompaq for it email me offline and I "may" be able to
find it.  You still may not be able to do it without splitting up the drive,
but no harm in checking.

Also, do not rely in the auto-detection process for the drive parameters.  I
have had trouble with the head count being off by a couple of heads, which
caused inconsistencies with writing to the drive while formatting.  Put the
parameters in manually.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Kyle