From:
Pinelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:41:39 +0200
Hi

I haven't used the EP 700 but I have seen some of its results with mixed
feelings.
This is a PHOTO printer and nothing else it is designed for this sector of
the market that need High quality at reasonable prices. This is NOT a text
printer if u need a balance between text and graphics I would choose out of
its Stylus range (I have the Epson Stylus Color 600 and am very happy, it
produces good graphics results with nearly laser quality text) If you need
only text then I would suggest you visit their web site as I never looked at
those type of products.
At any rate the Epson range is a good choice..The cartridges are cheaper
(because you do not replace the print head each time) and are extremely
economical. The only bad thing is that if u leave the printer off for a long
time and the room experiences temperature changes (eg: day to night to day)
then when you switch it on again it uses ink to unclog the print heads of
dried ink...this I found is overcome by switching on an leaving until the
end of the day when it is cooler and 9/10 times the next morning the print
heads are not clogged.
Also follow the manual to the letter its one printer that won't tolerate
mistakes make sure you replace cartridges correctly etc...
Overall a good printer that is often given top marks by most magazines and
that has earned my seal of approval even if it is a little more expensive
its worth it. (on purchase I recieved Print Artist and PhotoDelux both good
bundles whether this is included with the EP 700 I do not know)

Cheers
Kevin Hains
Cape Town
South Africa
Http://users.lia.net/hains
Http://www.ct.lia.net
Never Fight with a Dragon for thou art crunchy and goest well with cheese