From:
Brad Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 23:59:35 -0700
Thanks for your help. I thought I tried everything. You are correct
in guessing that system commander was once on the drive. I thought
that by using FDISK to repartition the drive, (making a different
size C: drive in the process),that a new master boot record would
automatically be written. I guess there must be a reason that the
MBR isn't totally overwritten when you use FDISK to repartition
the drive. I will have to do some reading to hopefully understand
why. (I would have replied earlier, but my ISP's mail server was
down for more than 2 days, so I just read your answer today).

David Gillett wrote:

>   According to
>
> http://www.netseller1.com/tech/messages/1008.html
>
> you can fix this by doing FDISK /MBR to rewrite the Master Boot
> Record on the drive.  It's apparently currently looking for something
> (System Commander?) that isn't on that drive.
>
> David G

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**